Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Monday's swim and Tuesday's Track Workout

So Monday was supossed to be a rest day but I went for just over a 1/2 mile ocean swim at La Jolla Shores. The water was very choppy and make it a hard swim. Coming in was a bit hard and it seemed like I was not not making much progress. Finally I was able to catch some bigger swells and sure enough I could see that sand on the floor again. However with sand comes sharks. Now what i'd like to know if why cant I see the cute tiny belongs in your 80's wall aquriam sharks. I always I mean always see the giant 5 footers swimming in a pack below me. Yes I know they can't eat me but my mind still jumps to oh shit its sharks. Maybe i just need to go snorkling for a few hours and get over the leopard sharks.

Tuesday so tonight I headed down to Chula Vista to check out the weekly track workout put on by Pulse Endurance. I haven't ran since grade school so I needed to start and needed help with technique. We did some warm ups that took me back to my high school track days, then the goal was do start with a mile and see how fast you could do it. I currently walk jog so I figured start slow and eventually I will improve. I walked/jogged the first 3 laps. I then decided to take off my shoes and do my last lap on the grass and was able to jog the entire 1/4 lap non stop. I did 2 more laps, a speed walk and then a jog/walk lap. Our cool down was more laps across the grass we worked out for about an hour and fifteen minutes. It was good one of the other ladies had her daughter there so her and I kept going back in forth running, cartwheels and such. She made a comment that she was faster then me after I out ran her one length. I told her she should be faster but 20 odd years ago when I was her age I was alot faster than I am now. I had fun and plan to add this in to my routine since I need to get my running in and since a lot of the other runners out there are doing mission bay in less than 2 months i've got nowhere else to go but up.

No comments:

Post a Comment