Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How I got started

My journey into triathlon started a few months back in February my friend Carmen thought I would enjoy them and urged me to sign up with our local club. I joined the Triathlon Club of San Diego in February and have been working out in their group training sessions since. My very first triathlon was The Spring Sprint May 3rd, 2009, I had fun and since then i've been hooked. I've made a wonderful group of friends that I train with on a weekly basis and it's kept me coming back for more. My second race was just a few weeks ago at Solana Beach July 26th. My next Sprint race in The Mission Bay Triathlon Oct 4th. As I've continued my training I've thought more and more about trying a 70.3 race. With a little over 6 months and some modifications in my training I'm looking forward to a huge but intimadating feat. In the coming months with books and online training programs and also my friends who are racing as well I look forward to working towards one of many hard goals i've chosen to take on.

No comments:

Post a Comment