Sunday, August 16, 2009

Midnight Madness and Todays training

So yesterday at the club race Ofelia brought up that she was going to Midnight Madness. I asked what it was she said it was a 20 mile fun bike ride. My intial plan was to volunteer and have fun. When I arrived last night they were full for volunteers so I was already there and decided why not ride. Linda was already there wity Bob so I thought why not we could all ride together. Linda and I ended up sticking together throughout the ride we biked 21.97 miles in just over 1 hour and 30 minutes. Had there not been 3000 other people we probably could have went faster than our avg 13 mph. The course was fun and slightly hilly the biggest hill was Juan St in old town which I was able to do non stop. It was a great time we did however encounter a bunch of punks cutting people off it was nice to see the police bust some of them but other than that it was fun and i'll probably do it again.

So later in the morning I went on my pre-planned swimming workout, I got home just after 3am and was planning on a 9am swim. Crazy yes but I figured get my swim in early rest the rest of the day. I ended up making the swim at 9:45 I did 3/4 of a mile at De Anza Cove. I did enjoy a great long nap today and plan to make an easy swim tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment