Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday & Sunday

Saturday was a rest day figured I needed one this week.

Sunday so today was the big ride the longest hardest ride I've done yet. So Lori and Darrin planned a 35-40 mile bike ride and then a BBQ afterwards. We headed out from carmel valley down black mt rd down into Rancho Santa Fe and up to Olivenhiem over to Enicintas, down towards Cardiff and the over to the Coast we went over via Manchester and took the 101 up to Leucadia for some gelatto. We headed back down thw coast taking the side streets and made our way to Carmel Valley Rd and took that until we got on the 56 bike path. We took the path back to Black Mountain Rd and then back along side streets to Lori's house. It was hard for me as prior to this the longest ride I did was about 25 miles. It was very hilly and I haven't had too much hill practice Darren was nice and hung back every now and then making sure I was still behind the group. It was a hard ride but it was fun in a way. Nowing I can do further distances is comforting it's just going to be speeding those distances up in the coming months and adding more hills in to my bike workouts. Next weekend I'm biking with Ofeila and we'll see how long we go and hopefully it'll give me more building blocks for my long tern goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment